Firecracker ricotta stuffed baked chicken
with Narangi Meethi Mirch
Why firecracker, for its a burst of flavours in your mouth. Old Fashioned Gourmet's Narangi Meethi Mirch is the perfect combination of sweet and spicy and tangy.
Chicken is a mere canvas for this unique combination of textures and flavours and with oodles of WOW factor. And trust me its very forgiving dish. The second time you may not even need a recipe. I am a recipe rebel so for me it was like I was a child at Hamley's.
I literally threw in what ever i could find in the pantry and felt like eating at the time.
- I love cheese ( who doesn't right). So there was some left over Ricotta from the Lasagne I made last week. In went that with some Parmesan.
- My SIL's terrace garden had some nice Kale, I used that with added spinach, an evil laughter emerged from inside for the Teenager will not be able to say no to greens now .. muahhahah. You can use any greens you please.
- I love mushrooms so tossed those in with some home sun-dried tomatoes.. which added the much needed tang.
- Along the way I re-realised that mushrooms love FAT.. LOVE !!!! its better to pour in extra fat in mushroom to cook it so it doesn't lose all its moisture and remains juicy.
- The spice rub I discovered from another recipe and thought it bring color and flavour to the chicken. Old Fashioned Gourmet's soon to be launched
- Chicken breast 4
- Ricotta cheese 150 gms
- Parmesan grated 100 gm
- Steamed Spinach & Kale 1 cup
- Sauteed mushroom 1/4 cup
- Sun-dried tomato - 2 tbsp (optional)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Spice rub : 1 tbsp Kashmiri chilli powder, 1/2 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt, 1/2 tsp Black pepper powder, 1/2 tsp Garlic powder (optional)
- OFG's Narangi Meethi Mirch relish
- Wash and dry Chicken breast and slit in middle without going through.
- Preheat oven at 200 deg C
- Make Cheese stuffing : mix Ricotta, Parmesan, Spinach & Kale, Mushrooms, Sun-dried tomatoes, Salt & Pepper.
- Stuff in Chicken with spoon
- Brush OIive oil on both sides
- Make Spice rub by mixing all the ingredients.
- Coat both sides of chicken with Spice rub.
- Stack in a baking dish.
- Bake for 15-20 min till juices run clear.
- Coat with OFG's Narangi Meethi Mirch
- Serve hot